Tuesday, May 6, 2008

widgets and doodles

I would have gone with the surname 'doodle', but I was worried about the jokes such a surname might jenerate.

But, perhaps someday I'll meet Bob Doodle (if the annoying Eve doesn't get to him first) and we'll get together and so, by the addition principle, that would make us Alice + Bob, a pair which is either a widget OR a doodle. Now this may lead some among you to ask, "Alice, what size is your Doodle?", but as we all know the size of the doodle isn't supposed to matter. And wait ... then we could reproduce and that would create, (obviously) the product of a widget AND a doodle which of course, by the multiplication principle, would be a widget-doodle (of some small size).

I guess that I should apologize now to those who were not in the Fundamentals course and so don't understand this. Or perhaps I should be apologizing to those who WERE in the Fundamentals course, and still don't understand this.

A. Widget

1 comment:

Mike Zabrocki said...

Or should be appolgizing to your professor who is deeply offended that his widgets and doodle are going unappreciated...